Thursday, April 8, 2010

Response project

at first i had a brilliant idea. dali's floating, graphic blocks, a unicorn inspired by chagal, and a melting, climbing girl from christina's world. but when i was done...for some reason it was awful. i dont really know why. well actually i do, its because it didnt have a background, and the elements weren't connected. so i cut it up per mrs. smith's advice. then i painted/glued pieces together, creating a collage. i added more details with acrylic paint, pastels, and india ink.
finitoooo



3 comments:

  1. With the pictures you have here, it's kind of hard to understand what is going on. There needs to be an overall picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you decided to present this with the three pictures rather than the whole thing, rather than what Gordon said. Maybe that's because I saw it before and the whole thing together didn't really make sense, but either way I still like the different kind of portions of it that you decided to show. I like the first one the most I think kind of because of the angle the picture was shot at so it does kind of seem like she's hanging on to something, and I like the puke-colored green paint that connected the overlapping pieces of paper. It turned out pretty well I think, but one thing I thought was that the unicorn seems kind of alone compared to the rest of the piece that is more busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Dani's (sorry Dani I can't bring myself to spell your name with the "ie") last comment about the Unicorn. He does need to be more integrated somehow. I suggested Molly cut the squared edge of paper from around him. I'm sure some of you can think of another that could happen too, whaduya think?

    ReplyDelete